Microwave Mashed Potato
- 8 potatoes (any variety, washed, skin on) – I like to do 2 per person
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
- Place potatoes (skin on) in a large, microwave safe container. (If you don’t have a container large enough, you may need to repeat this process twice).
- Add 1/2 cup water and either place lid on slightly ajar or cover the container loosely with cling wrap.
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to peel the skin off, it will slip off easily. Use a tea towel if the potatoes are too hot to handle.
- Use a potato masher to gently crush the potatoes, stir through the butter and salt, sprinkle with chives if using.
Note: Try not to over mash the potatoes as they can get gluggy, the more rustic, the better.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.