- Preheat the oven to a 180°C fan.
- Add the capsicum, garlic clove, onion powder, sweet paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray, and drizzle with the capsicum marinade, using your hands to coat. Reserve 1 tbsp of the marinade.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, adding ½ cup of water to the baking tray halfway through (45 minutes into the cooking time).
- Mix the reserved marinade with the mayonnaise to form a dipping sauce.
- Rest the chicken loosely covered in foil for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, corn and rice with the peri-peri dipping sauce on the side.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate and refrigerate the chicken for up to 24 hours before cooking.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave (the chicken skin will soften). Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1.15 hours
- Category: chicken, peri peri, oven baked chicked
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: Peri Peri Chicken Oven Baked, Peri Peri Chicken Oven Baked recipe