- 8 medium-sized potatoes (I normally factor 2 per person if you want to scale this recipe up)
- 4 heaped tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baby capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pickles, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- Add the whole potatoes (skin on) and 1/2 cup of tap water in a large, microwave-safe container. Place the lid slightly ajar and cook in the microwave for 10 mins. You should easily be able to pierce the potatoes with a fork once cooked. If firm, continue cooking in 2-minute intervals (see note 1 for stovetop method).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, leave them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the potatoes using your fingers and a butter knife. It will peel off easily.
- Once peeled, cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces, they may crumble a little, and that’s okay.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and toss through the potatoes. Serve warm or refrigerate for later.
Note 1 – Stovetop potatoes: Place the potatoes in a large pot, and cover them with water, so they are submerged by at least 5 cm of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer between 20-25 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside, ready to use.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the salad ingredients and the dressing. Store separately, and refrigerate until ready to serve for up to 2 days. Combine the ingredients with the dressing when ready to serve.
LEFTOVERS – Store leftovers refrigerated for up to 2 days. The potatoes will absorb the dressing, and the salad will become less creamy, but the taste will still be delicious.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: salad, potato, side dish
- Method: boil, combine
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: Potato Salad, Potato Salad recipe