- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 270ml coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 x bok choy cut in half lengthways (or 2 cups of vegetables of your choice, see note 1)
- 250g ramen noodles, egg noodles or soba noodles
- 200g fried tofu puffs (optional)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Lime wedges to serve
- 1 spring onion, sliced to serve
- Red chilli, sliced to serve (optional)
- Black sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes until sealed.
- Add the red curry paste. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, and add the bok choy or vegetables of your choice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and tofu puffs (if using). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with bean sprouts, lime wedges, spring onion, fresh chilli and black sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – Vegetable substitutes are broccoli (fresh or frozen), choy sum, green beans, snow peas or sliced mushrooms.
MAKE AHEAD – After an even faster dinner? Cut the chicken and prepare the vegetables up to 48 hours before cooking. Store separately, refrigerated in air-tight containers or reusable sandwich bags.
LEFTOVERS – Best cooked and eaten immediately. Not suitable to refrigerate or freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: red curry, noodles
- Method: skillet sear, pan sear
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup, Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup recipe