Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup
Warm up your taste buds with this delightful Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup! Perfect for chilly evenings or a comforting meal. Tender chicken pieces are simmered in a rich, creamy coconut milk broth, flavoured with aromatic red curry paste and vegetables. The addition of noodles makes this soup more filling and satisfying. For added texture, you can add fried tofu puffs and top with fresh bean sprouts, sliced spring onions, and lime wedges. Easy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes.
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 2 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 270ml coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 x bok choy cut in half lengthways (or 2 cups of vegetables of your choice, see note 1)
- 250g ramen noodles, egg noodles or soba noodles
- 200g fried tofu puffs (optional)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Lime wedges to serve
- 1 spring onion, sliced to serve
- Red chilli, sliced to serve (optional)
- Black sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes until sealed.
- Add the red curry paste. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, and add the bok choy or vegetables of your choice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and tofu puffs (if using). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with bean sprouts, lime wedges, spring onion, fresh chilli and black sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – Vegetable substitutes are broccoli (fresh or frozen), choy sum, green beans, snow peas or sliced mushrooms.
MAKE AHEAD – After an even faster dinner? Cut the chicken and prepare the vegetables up to 48 hours before cooking. Store separately, refrigerated in air-tight containers or reusable sandwich bags.
LEFTOVERS – Best cooked and eaten immediately. Not suitable to refrigerate or freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins