- 900g chicken breast, roughly 3 chicken breasts, cut into half lengthways (to create 6 slices)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach leaves (see note 1)
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2/3 cup of pesto
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- Season the chicken breast with salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 of water if sticky, scraping up any crispy bits with a wooden spoon.
- To the same pan, add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute, stirring until fragrant.
- Add the semi-dried tomatoes, spinach leaves (or veg of choice, see note 1) and the thickened cream. Bring to a gentle simmer (this will take 1-2 minutes).
- Stir through the pesto and return the chicken to the pan. Simmer on low for 3-5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through, and the sauce has thickened.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Note 1 – This is a great dinner to use up the last of your veg in your fridge and freezer. You will need two cups of veg of choice. Use cherry tomatoes, zucchini ‘zoodles’, shredded kale, peas, shredded silverbeet or broccoli.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 2 months – slice the chicken and ensure it’s covered with sauce to avoid freezer burn. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave. The sauce will lose a bit of creaminess and become more oil based as the milk fats separate from the milk solids. It will still taste delicious!
- Category: chicken, Chicken Breast, Creamy Pesto Chicken Breast
- Method: pan, simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Creamy Pesto Chicken Breast, Creamy Pesto Chicken recipe, Creamy Pesto Chicken