- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 eggs, whisked (1 egg per person)
- 3 cups cooked rice (day-old or freshly made)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- Fried shallots to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon, and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the peas and corn. Cook for a further 1 minute stirring until the corn and peas are just defrosted.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pan, and add the egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it is firm. Use a spatula to break it up.
- Add the rice, spring onions, sesame oil and tamari to the pan, stir gently to combine and heat through the rice if needed.
- Serve topped with fried shallots if using.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – If freshly cooked rice is used, the rice can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge completely overnight before use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: rice, side dish, easy fried rice
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Easy Fried Rice, Easy Fried Rice recipe