Easy Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 eggs whisked (1 egg person)
- 3 cups cooked rice (day old or freshly made)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- Fried shallots to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon, cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the peas and corn. Cook for a further 1 minute stirring until the corn and peas are just defrosted.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pan, add the egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it is firm, use a spatula to break it up.
- Add the rice, spring onions, sesame oil and tamari to the pan, stir gently to combine and heat through the rice if needed.
- Serve topped with fried shallots if using.
Can fried rice be frozen? Yes. Freeze in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat until piping hot in the microwave or stove top. Fried rice can also be heated in the microwave from frozen.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.