- 1 tbsp sweet paprika (regular, not smoked)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 250g beef mince
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g tin kidney beans (or any beans, or substitute with another 250g beef mince)
- 200g corn chips
- 1 cup tasty cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to grill.
- Combine the paprika, cumin, onion powder, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook until browned for 3-4 minutes. Add the spice mix, the tomato paste and the kidney beans (if using). Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the corn chips in an oven-proof dish, and top them with the beef mixture and the cheese. Grill for 2-4 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, avocado salsa, tomato salsa and sliced fresh jalapeños.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate the beef mince mixture for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: beef, nachos
- Method: pan, assemble
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Homemade Nachos, Homemade Nacho recipe