- 1 tbsp sweet paprika (regular, not smoked)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 250g beef mince
- 400g tin kidney beans (or any beans, or substitute with another 250g beef mince)
- 200g corn chips
- 1 cup tasty cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Avocado salsa – 1 avocado, mashed with 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander and 1 tbsp lime juice and salt
- Tomato salsa – 1 large tomato and half a red onion diced, 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander, combined with 1 tbsp lime juice and salt
- Sliced fresh jalapeños
- Preheat oven to grill.
- Combine paprika, cumin, onion powder, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat, add the onion and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook until browned for 3-4 minutes. Add the spice mix, 2 tbsp of tomato paste and the kidney beans (if using). Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the corn chips in an oven-proof dish, top with the beef mixture and the cheese. Grill for 2-4 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, avocado salsa, tomato salsa and sliced fresh jalapeños.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.