- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500 g regular beef mince/ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Your favourite Mexican toppings to serve (cooked rice, grated cheese, jalapeños, red cabbage, black beans, corn, lime wedges, sour cream, avocado)
- Combine the paprika, cumin, onion powder, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat and add the olive oil and onion. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef mince and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the combined spice mix, the tomato paste and 1/3 cup of water. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite Mexican toppings.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Freeze in small or individual portions for ease of reheating. Thaw completely in the fridge before reheating on the stove or in the microwave.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge before reheating on the stove or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: beef, burrito, bowl
- Method: pan,
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Beef Burrito Bowl, Beef Burrito Bowl recipe, burrito bowl recipe