Beef Taco Filling
- 2 tsp paprika (regular, not smoked)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 300g beef mince
- 1 tin kidney beans (or any beans of choice), drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices (paprika, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder), salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy based skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until softened and fragrant.
Add the beef mince, cook 2-3 minutes until browned, using the back of a spoon to break the beef apart as you go.
Stir through the spice mix, followed by the tomato paste.
Add the kidney beans and ½ cup of water. Cook for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
Serve the taco filling piled in taco shells with cheese, avocado, red cabbage, tomato, coriander, jalapeno and sriracha mayo or sour cream if using. Serve immediately.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Prepare the beef taco filling and refrigerate up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: beef, beef tacos
- Method: pan fry
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy beef tacos, homemade beef tacos, classic beef tacos, beef tacos recipe