- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 3 x 400g cans of kidney beans (or any preferred legumes)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir through the kidney beans and tomato paste.
- Add the paprika, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Arrange the corn chips on a platter and top it with the tasty cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven carefully using oven mitts.
- Serve with red cabbage, tomato, corn, coriander, lime, mashed avocado, sour cream, jalapeños and sliced green chilli if using.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate the cooked bean mixture for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Category: vegetarian, vegetarian nachos, mexican, vegetarian mexica
- Method: pan, skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Vegetarian Nachos, Vegetarian Nachos recipe