- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 zucchini/courgette, finely sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 300 ml thickened/heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 500 g spinach and ricotta tortellini (see note 1)
- 2 cups baby spinach, firmly packed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the butter on medium-high heat in a large, heavy-based, deep pan.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Stir through the lemon juice, followed by the chicken or vegetable stock, thickened/heavy cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the fresh tortellini (no need to precook). Stir so that the tortellini are evenly coated with the sauce, using the back of your spoon to gently submerge the tortellini as much as possible (it’s okay if they aren’t completely submerged). Reduce the heat to medium-low so that the sauce is very gently simmering (you should be able to see gentle bubbles in the sauce but it should not be rapidly bubbling). Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Stir once halfway through.
- Stir through the spinach and Parmesan cheese. Once the spinach has softened, turn the heat off.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Note 1 – Tortellini found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket (that takes between 2-5 minutes to cook) is required for this recipe.
Creamy Lemon Tortellini is best made and eaten immediately to get the most out of the luxurious, ultra-creamy sauce.
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge before reheating. The sauce will absorb into the pasta but will still be equally delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: creamy lemon tortellini, creamy lemon tortellini recipe