Homemade Beef Burger
These juicy burger patties are the answer to your next meal plan. Burgers are something my entire family love. Whether it’s outside during the summer months on the BBQ or as comforting Friday night fakeaway, I know everyone will be happy! The best part is how quick these are to make. It really as simple as mixing a few ingredients together. Once you make your own, you will never go back to store bought pre-made patties. These taste so much better, plus you have the satisfaction of knowing yours are made with simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Total Time: 15-17 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- 500g regular beef mince
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, add the beef mince, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper. Use your hands to combine well. Divide the mixture into 5 and use your hands to gently form the patties so that they are just bigger than your burger buns (the patties will shrink as they cook).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with your favourite burger toppings.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the burger patties as per the recipe. Refrigerate the burger patties for up to 3 days, freeze up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container or reusable sandwich bag. Use baking paper between the layers of burger patties to stop them sticking. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge. Cook as per the recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate cooked burger patties up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
Air fryer cooking instructions – Preheat your air fryer to 180°C. Cook the beef patties for 10-12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10-12 mins