- 2/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk the dressing ingredients to combine.
- Toss the red and green cabbage, carrots and spring onions in a large bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare and refrigerate the salad vegetables in separate reusable zip-lock bags or airtight containers. The carrot and spring onion are best consumed within three days. The cabbage will last five days or more. Combine the dressing ingredients and refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Combine the dressing and salad ingredients at the time of serving.
LEFTOVERS – Once coleslaw is dressed, it is best served immediately. As it sits, the ingredients will soften. Refrigerate leftovers and consume them within 24 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: salad, side dish, cloeslaw, slaw
- Method: combine
- Cuisine: Dutch
Keywords: Homemade Coleslaw, Homemade Coleslaw recipe