OVEN BAKED Crispy Potato Wedges
Truly crispy, crunchy, OVEN BAKED wedges. No deep frying required, no specialty potatoes, no unrecognisable ingredients and no fuss! These are simple and delicious. I love popping a batch of these in the oven when we have a barbecue. They go so well with a big juicy homemade burger or steak… Or anything really! The addition of the sour cream and sweet chilli sauce makes them so moreish!
- Total Time: 53 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1kg unpeeled potatoes, cut into wedges (see note 1)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sweet chilli and sour cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan.
- Arrange the cut potatoes in a large baking dish (so that the wedges are not overlapping).
- Sprinkle the potatoes with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken or vegetable stock powder and pepper. Use your hands to coat the spice mix evenly (this is the key to the spices not clumping together!)
- Drizzle with olive oil, and then use your hands to coat further. Arrange the potatoes, so the cut side is flat on the baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the wedges are golden, turning once halfway.
- Serve with sweet chilli and sour cream.
Note 1 – This recipe works with any potato variety – including waxy potatoes. The results are always crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The recipe doesn’t call for the potatoes to be peeled (it’s one less step, and the skin is packed with nutrients), but you can peel them if you wish. Cut your potatoes into wedges by halving lengthways, cutting each half in half again and then for large potatoes, cutting each wedge in half again to give you a total of 8 pieces.
MAKE AHEAD – Cut potatoes up to 24 hours before cooking. Store refrigerated, fully submerged in water (do not add salt or flavouring to the potatoes as this will cause them to brown). Once ready to cook, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
LEFTOVERS – Best cooked and served immediately. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or oven.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
The best wedges! The perfect side to any meal