- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F fan.
- Arrange the cut potatoes in a large baking dish (so that the wedges are not overlapping).
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Use your hands to coat the spice mix evenly (this is the key to the spices not clumping together!)
- Drizzle with olive oil, and then use your hands to coat further. Arrange the potatoes so the cut side is flat on the baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the wedges are golden, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.
Note 1 – This recipe works with any potato variety – including waxy potatoes. The results are always crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The recipe doesn’t call for the potatoes to be peeled (it’s one less step, and the skin is packed with nutrients), but you can peel them if you wish. Cut your potatoes into wedges by halving lengthways, cutting each half in half again. For large potatoes, cut each wedge in half once more to give you a total of 8 pieces.
Cut potatoes up to 24 hours before cooking. Store refrigerated, fully submerged in water (do not add salt or flavouring to the potatoes as this will cause them to brown). Once ready to cook, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
Best cooked and served immediately. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or oven.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: wedges and chips, side dish, wedges
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: OVEN BAKED Crispy Potato Wedges, Crispy Potato Wedges, OVEN BAKED Crispy Potato Wedges recipe