Soba noodle dressing
- 270g soba noodles
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Honey soy chicken
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breast)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/3 cup tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Your choice of vegetables, red cabbage, wombok cabbage, coriander, red chilli, spring onion, carrot, cucumber, or sugar snap peas (blanched in boiling water for 1 minute).
- Cook the soba noodles as per packet instructions, and rinse in cold water.
- Mix the soba noodle dressing ingredients (whole egg mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and olive oil) and toss through the noodles.
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 12 minutes, turning once halfway and adding 1/3 cup of water to the pan halfway.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Pour on top of cooked chicken.
- Serve noodles topped with chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and serve with mixed salads.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate the chicken and refrigerate it in an air-tight container for up to 2 days before use.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Refrigerate the soba noodle salad for up to 2 days. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: chicken, noodle, bowl
- Method: pan sear
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl, Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl recipe