Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl
Soba noodle dressing
- 270g soba noodles
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Honey soy chicken
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breast)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/3 cup tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Your choice of vegetables, red cabbage, wombok cabbage, coriander, red chilli, spring onion, carrot, cucumber, sugar snap peas (blanched in boiling water for 1 minute).
- Cook the soba noodles as per packet instructions, rinse in cold water.
- Mix the soba noodle dressing ingredients (whole egg mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and olive oil) and toss through the noodles.
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 12 minutes, turning once halfway and adding 1/3 cup of water to the pan halfway.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet, set aside.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan, cook 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Pour on top of cooked chicken.
- Serve noodles topped with chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and serve with mixed salads.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.