Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl
My Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl is the perfect midweek dish. I love serving the salads in the middle of the table so my family can choose what they want to add to their bowl. The chicken is the perfect combo of sweet and savoury. Paired with creamy soba noodles, it is just delicious. This dinner takes 15 minutes to throw together, and you can use any vegetables you have on hand, so it’s great to use up what’s in the fridge.
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Soba noodle dressing
- 270g soba noodles
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Honey soy chicken
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breast)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/3 cup tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Your choice of vegetables, red cabbage, wombok cabbage, coriander, red chilli, spring onion, carrot, cucumber, or sugar snap peas (blanched in boiling water for 1 minute).
- Cook the soba noodles as per packet instructions, and rinse in cold water.
- Mix the soba noodle dressing ingredients (whole egg mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and olive oil) and toss through the noodles.
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 12 minutes, turning once halfway and adding 1/3 cup of water to the pan halfway.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Pour on top of cooked chicken.
- Serve noodles topped with chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and serve with mixed salads.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate the chicken and refrigerate it in an air-tight container for up to 2 days before use.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Refrigerate the soba noodle salad for up to 2 days. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins