- 4 large potatoes (any variety, skin on, washed)
- 2 rashes of bacon finely diced
- 2/3 cup grated tasty or colby cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chives
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Place potatoes (skin on) in a large, microwave safe container. (If you don’t have a container large enough, you may need to repeat this process twice).
- Add 1/2 cup water and either place lid on slightly ajar or cover the container loosely with cling wrap.
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes (note 1).
- Meanwhile in a large non-stick frying pan, heat bacon on medium heat and cook stirring 2-4 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off their tops and carefully scoop out the insides, ensuring the skin remains in tact.
- Mix insides of potato with bacon, cheese, chives and butter. Reserve a little chives to sprinkle on top.
- Stuff potato skins with potato, bacon and cheese mixture.
- Preheat oven grill to maximum heat.
- Grill potatoes 2-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tops are golden.
- Top with sour cream and remaining chives.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.