- Bring a pot of water to a boil. The pot needs to be large enough to fit the eggs in a single layer, with at least 3cm of water covering the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of hot tap water so that they are completely covered for 1-2 minutes. This will stop them cracking as they hit the hot water.
- Submerge the eggs into the boiling water and cook them, rapidly boiling for 5 minutes (set a timer).
- As soon as the timer goes, remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and run them under cold tap water for 30 seconds. This will stop the cooking process and ensure your eggs are cool enough to handle.
- Use a butter knife or spoon to crack the top of the shell off. If you find the yoke to be a bit watery at the top, use a spoon to gently swirl the egg yolk, the residual heat will cook it through, and you will be left with a perfectly cooked soft-boiled egg.
- Season with salt and serve with buttered toast soldiers.
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Category: breakfast, eggs soft boiled eggs
- Method: boil
Keywords: Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs, Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs recipe, Soft Boiled Eggs recipe