Sweet Chilli Chicken Hokkien Noodles
- 500g chicken thigh fillet cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger (I use either jarred or frozen which I grate on demand)
- Any veggies you want to use up (I use frozen broccoli but carrot, cabbage, beans or snow peas work brilliantly)
- 1 tsp canola oil (or any cooking oil)
- 450g hokkien noodles
- Marinate the cubed chicken in the sweet chilli, soy cause and ginger. I marinate and cook immediately, no need to wait.
- Preheat skillet to high heat, add oil. Add chicken including all the sauce. Saute until chicken is sealed. Add vegetables.
- Once vegetables are heated through, add your hokkien noodles (no need to soak first) along with half a cup of water. Put the lid on (important otherwise noodles won’t cook!) Leave for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid, gently use fork to separate noodles. Cook lid off for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve – This one is a tiny bit spicy because of the sweet chilli but my kids still love it! Such a simple dish that tastes great.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.