- 125g thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 16 store-bought spring rolls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork mince (or chicken mince)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (see note 1)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 gem lettuce heads, leaves removed
- 2 handfuls beansprouts
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned (I use this peeler)
- 1 handful picked mint leaves
- 2 limes, halved
Dressing (Nuoc Cham)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Cook the spring rolls as per the packet instructions, and leave them in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil on high heat in a large skillet, add the pork mince and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed.
- Add the garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the tamari (or all-purpose soy if using), dark soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Cook for 5-8 minutes until caramelised and sticky. Avoid stirring it too much, as this slows down the caramelisation.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, and set aside.
- Arrange the noodles, cooked pork, spring rolls, lettuce, bean sprouts, carrot, mint and lime halves in a bowl.
- Dress each bowl individually generously with the dressing and serve.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate the cooked pork for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Vietnamese, pork, bowls
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Keywords: Vietnamese Pork Bowl, Vietnamese Pork Bowl recipe