Vietnamese Pork Bowl
- 125g thin vermicelli rice noodles (I use these)
- 16 spring rolls (I use these)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork mince (you can also use chicken mince)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 gem lettuce heads, leaves removed
- 2 handfuls beansprouts
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned (I use this peeler)
- 1 handful picked mint leaves
- 2 limes, halved
Dressing (Nuoc Cham)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Cook spring rolls as per packet instructions, set aside.
- Heat olive oil on high heat in a large frying pan, add pork mince and cook 2-3 minutes until sealed.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add tamari (or all purpose soy if using), rice wine vinegar, brown sugar and sesame oil (if using). Cook 5-8 minutes until caramelised and sticky. Try to avoid stirring as this speeds the caramelisation.
- Combine dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Arrange noodles, pork, spring rolls, lettuce, bean sprouts, carrot, mint and lime halves in a bowl.
- Dress each bowl individually generously with the dressing and serve.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.