- 500g spiral or penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast (roughly 300g), thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2.5 cups fresh or frozen vegetables (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp salt to season
- Fresh chilli to serve (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions less 1 minute.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is sealed (it will still be uncooked in the centre).
- Add the garlic and continue stirring for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the pesto, cream and vegetables. Place the lid on and cook for 2-4 minutes for fresh vegetables or 4-6 minutes for frozen vegetables.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the cooked pasta and parmesan, and season with salt to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with extra parmesan and fresh chilli (if using).
Note 1 – This recipe lends itself to many vegetable variations, perfect to use up what is left in your crisper drawer. Pictured are frozen broccoli and peas. Other recommended vegetables are zucchini, shredded kale/spinach, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, broccolini, capsicum or sliced green beans.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate cooked Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: pasta, chickem
- Method: pan sear, simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 10 Minute Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta, 10 Minute Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe