Air Fryer Chips
- 1.2kg potatoes (any variety)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to season
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunky batons (ideally a 1.5cm x 1.5cm thickness, they don’t need to be perfect). You can choose to leave the skin on.
- Rinse the potatoes in water to remove starch (note 1).
- Pat the potatoes completely dry using a paper towel. Toss in the olive oil making sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160c (I run it empty for 5 minutes).
- Add the chips to the air fryer basket and cook for 16 minutes. Once the timer goes, give the basket a shake.
- Increase the heat to 180c and cook for 12 minutes, shaking the basket half way. Continue in 6 minute intervals until the potatoes are cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
Note 1 – If you have the time, soak the potatoes in water for 30 minutes. I don’t always do this, but taking this additional step means extra crispy potatoes.
Can I prepare potatoes ahead of time? Yes! Simply peel and cut the potatoes and place them in a container or bowl. Cover completely with water and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. The water will stop the potatoes browning. Do not add salt (as the potatoes will go brown). Strain and dry the potatoes with paper towel before use. Cook as per recipe.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.