Air Fryer Chips
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried chips? Look no further than my air fryer chips! These crispy and golden-brown chips are made with just a few simple ingredients and cooked to perfection in your air fryer. Whether you’re looking for a tasty snack to enjoy on its own or a side dish to accompany your favourite meal, these air fryer chips will satisfy your hot chip cravings!
- Total Time: 38 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunky batons (the potato skin can be left on if preferred).
- Rinse the potatoes in water to remove the starch (note 1).
- Pat the potatoes completely dry using a paper towel. Toss in the olive oil to coat evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160°C.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 16 minutes. Give the basket a shake.
- Increase the heat to 180°C and cook for a further 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. Continue in 6 minute intervals until the chips are crisp and golden.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
Note 1 – If time permits, soak the potatoes in water for up to 30 minutes, it will result in extra crispy potatoes.
MAKE AHEAD – Peel and cut the potatoes, place them in a container or bowl. Submerge completely with water and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. The water will stop the potatoes browning. Do not add salt (as the potatoes will go brown). Strain and dry the potatoes with a paper towel before use. Cook as per recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Best cooked and consumed immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins