Chow Mein Sauce
- 2 tbsp regular soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp shoaxing wine or mirin
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the chow mein sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cook the thin egg noodles as per the packet instructions less 1-2 minutes. Rinse in cold tap water, drain and set aside. They will continue cooking in the stir fry.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on high heat, add the beef, cook for 2-3 minutes until it changes from pink to brown, breaking it up with the back of your spoon. Stir 2 tbsp of the chow mein sauce through the beef to season.
- Add the eggs to the beef, cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked through (see note 1).
- Add the cabbage and carrot, cook stirring for 1 minutes until softened.
- Add the chow mein sauce, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, bean sprouts and spring onions. Use tongs to toss and cook for a further 1 minute until the spring onions and bean sprouts are heated through.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and chilli oil if using. Serve and enjoy!
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the vegetables up to 3 days prior by slicing and storing refrigerated in an airtight container.
LEFTOVERS – Can be stored refrigerated for up to 3 days. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: beef
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: chinese
Keywords: best beef chow mein, easy beef chow mein, chow mein recipe