Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Bake
If you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying meal that’s sure to please the whole family, then you have to try my chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta bake. This dish combines the classic and old-school flavours of tender chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, creating a meal that’s both comforting and delicious. This recipe is simple to prepare and can be made ahead of time, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 4-6 1x
- 500g rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, less 2 minutes, as it will continue to cook in the oven. Rinse in cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken thigh, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, thickened cream and fresh baby spinach leaves. Cook for 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Stir through the parmesan cheese and cooked pasta.
- If required, transfer to an oven-safe dish, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
MAKE AHEAD – Follow the recipe up until step 6. Refrigerate for up to 48 hours. Bake as per recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Microwave to reheat. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins