Chicken & Chorizo Paella
Although this is far from an authentic Spanish paella, it is a delicious weeknight alternative ready in under 25 minutes. Chicken, chorizo and creamy arborio rice come together to make this colourful signature dish packed with flavour. One pot is all you need, and the method is so simple.
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chorizo (200g)
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes or passata
- 1.5 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley to serve, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan on high heat. Add onion, garlic, chorizo, chicken and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the capsicum, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes (or passata if using), arborio rice and chicken stock. Reduce to the lowest heat setting, place the lid on and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Add frozen peas, place the lid back on and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes to absorb any residual liquid. Season to taste (add salt and pepper only if required, as the chorizo and stock will already be salty).
- Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins