Creamy Pea & Bacon Spaghetti
- 500g spaghetti (or any pasta of choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup pure pouring cream or thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (plus extra to serve)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, less 1 minute. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the pan, stir for 30 seconds, scraping up any crispy bits.
- Add the peas, cook for a further 1 minute until the peas begin to change colour.
- Add the cream and chicken stock powder, cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir through the cooked pasta followed by the parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan cheese and chilli flakes (if using).
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.