Creamy Pea & Bacon Spaghetti
Perfect for those nights when only a big bowl of comforting pasta will do! This meal is inexpensive and so quick to throw together. Don’t be fooled by how simple it looks. It is packed with flavour. I love serving it with a big bowl of dressed baby spinach leaves or steamed broccoli. Chilli flakes and extra parmesan are a must for me too!
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 500g spaghetti (or any pasta of choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup pure pouring cream or thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (plus extra to serve)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, less 1 minute. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the pan, and stir for 30 seconds, scraping up any crispy bits.
- Add the peas, and cook for a further 1 minute until the peas change colour.
- Add the cream and chicken stock powder, and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Stir through the cooked pasta, followed by the parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan cheese and chilli flakes (if using).
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins