- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients (corn flour, chicken stock, tamari or all-purpose soy sauce, honey, minced garlic and lime juice). Set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, add the corn flour and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Wipe the pan clean and add the prepared sauce to the same pan. Cook for 2 minutes, occasionally stirring until slightly thickened. Add ⅔ cup of water. Cook for a further 2 minutes before returning the chicken to the pan along with the spring onions.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce so that it is evenly coated and glossy.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately on a bed of rice or noodles.
Note 1 – Olive oil was used in this recipe. If a neutral flavour is preferred, canola or vegetable oil can be used.
MAKE AHEAD – This recipe is best made fresh. Prepare your chicken by slicing it in advance to speed through dinner.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave until piping hot. Not suitable for freezing.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: freezer friendly, easy and fast