- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup flour
- Oil for frying (see note 1)
- Lay the lamb cutlets flat on a chopping board, and cover them with baking paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound the cutlets to roughly 1 cm in thickness. Sprinkle the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the cutlets in the breadcrumbs, followed by the eggs and then the breadcrumbs. Press the cutlets into the breadcrumbs so that they are completely covered.
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large, heavy-based skillet. Cook the lamb for 8-10 minutes or until golden, turning regularly.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Combine the caper mayonnaise ingredients, season to taste and serve.
Note 1 – A high smoke point oil (such as canola or vegetable oil) is best for deep frying. The pan needs to be filled at least 1.5cm deep with oil. Olive oil can be used to shallow fry. Use 3-4 tbsp of oil and cook as per the recipe, turning the lamb once. Using this method, the breadcrumb coating will not be as even in colour.
MAKE AHEAD – Crumb the lamb cutlets as per the recipe. Refrigerate the uncooked cutlets for up to 3 days, and freeze for up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container or reusable sandwich bag. Use baking paper between the layers of lamb cutlets to stop them from sticking. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge. Cook as per the recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave (the coating will soften). Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: lamb, crumbed lamb, lamb cutlets, crumbed lamb cutlets
- Method: pan sear
Keywords: Crumbed Lamb Cutlets with Caper Mayonnaise, Crumbed Lamb Cutlets with Caper Mayonnaise recipe