Easy Butter Chicken
Many of the butter chicken recipes I have come across are pretty complex. They require multiple ingredients and long marinating times; some even require ingredients to be blitzed in a food processor. This one is made with the simplest ingredients, and I can have dinner on the table within 15 minutes. The flavour is so intense and delicious. Bite-sized pieces of perfectly cooked chicken in a creamy butter chicken sauce is the perfect recipe for a fast and easy dinner.
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 500g chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup pure cream (or thickened cream)
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken, garam masala, cumin, yellow mustard seeds, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is slightly browned.
- Add tomato paste and cream, and stir to combine. Cook for 8 minutes and serve.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Cook and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating. Freezing may change the texture and cause the cream to separate, but the flavour will still be amazing.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins