Freezer Friendly Garlic Bread
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Cut the baguette in half and then slice the bread in 2cm thick slices, being careful to not cut all the way through.
- Combine the butter, garlic, salt and parsley.
- Spread the butter mixture over each side of the sliced bread.
- Stuff each slice with a pinch of mozzarella cheese if using (see note 1).
- Wrap each garlic bread in foil (see below for freezing instructions).
- If serving immediately, bake the foil wrapped garlic bread for 15-18 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Note 1 – I love elevating this classic garlic bread recipe with mozzarella cheese but you can choose to leave it out completely, it is delicious on it’s own!
Freezing instructions: I love making a batch of this garlic bread to freeze. It’s the perfect side to dunk into a soup or serve along side a decadent pasta. Follow steps 1-6. Freeze for up to 2 months in foil. To bake, remove directly from freezer (leave wrapped in foil) and bake in a preheated 180°C fan forced oven for 18-22 minutes.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.