Freezer Friendly Garlic Bread
Freezer-friendly garlic bread that is made with real, fresh ingredients. I love making a batch of this bread to freeze and bake from frozen! It is perfect for dunking into a soup or serving alongside a rich pasta dish. It is made with the simplest of ingredients. Butter, fresh garlic, parsley and mozzarella cheese come together to create this garlicky, cheesy and melty masterpiece!
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 large baguette
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mozzarella cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to a 180°C fan.
- Cut the baguette in half and then slice the bread into 2cm thick slices, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Combine the butter, garlic, salt and parsley.
- Spread the butter mixture over each side of the sliced bread.
- Stuff each slice with a pinch of mozzarella cheese if using.
- Wrap each garlic bread in foil (see below for freezing instructions).
- If serving immediately, bake the foil-wrapped garlic bread for 15-18 minutes until golden and bubbly.
MAKE AHEAD – Follow steps 1-6. Freeze for up to 2 months in foil. To bake, remove directly from the freezer (leave wrapped in foil) and bake in a preheated 180°C fan oven for 18-22 minutes.
LEFTOVERS – Best served and eaten immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins