- Preheat the oven to a 180°C fan.
- Cut slices into each potato roughly 3mm-6mm apart, being careful not to cut all the way down.
- Place potatoes in a baking tray.
- Combine the parsley, 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter (reserve third tablespoon for later) and salt. Drizzle the mixture over the potatoes.
- Roast for 1 hour. Remove from the oven.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp unsalted butter in a small bowl.
- Top each potato with the breadcrumb, parmesan cheese and butter mixture.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until crispy and golden all over.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1 – This recipe works with any potato. Pictured are white, washed potatoes. This recipe works best with unpeeled potatoes as the skin helps to keep the potato intact.
MAKE AHEAD – Peel and slice the potatoes. Submerge fully in water (do not add any salt or seasoning as the potatoes will brown) and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel when ready to cook.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave (the potatoes will soften) or oven to retain crunch. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: side dish, potato, Hasselback Potatoes
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Swedish
Keywords: Hasselback Potatoes, Hasselback Potato recipe