One Pan Lemon Gnocchi Chicken
This family friendly, comforting Lemon Gnocchi Chicken is made in one pan and is on the dinner table in less than 15 minutes! There is no need to precook the gnocchi, they are pillowy soft, smothered in a creamy, tangy lemon sauce and topped with juicy chicken marinated in paprika and thyme. This is the perfect recipe for a quick, easy and cosy weeknight dinner.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 chicken breasts, halved lengthways
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 500g fresh gnocchi (see note 1)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt, pepper, paprika and thyme. Rub all over with your hands so that the chicken is evenly coated.
- In a large, heavy based skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chicken and cook it for 3 minutes. Flip, place the lid on and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add the garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, chicken stock and thickened cream. Once simmering, add the parmesan cheese and the gnocchi. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach leaves, top with the cooked chicken and serve.
Note 1 – Fresh gnocchi (which cooks within 2-3 minutes) from the refrigerated aisle at the supermarket is required for this recipe. Cooked pasta can be used as a substitute.
MAKE AHEAD & LEFTOVERS – Lemon Chicken Gnocchi can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
Keywords: Lemon Chicken Gnocchi, One Pan Gnocchi Recipe, Creamy Gnocchi
Yum! So delicious and so quick to make. A perfect quick Saturday night dinner on a cool night.
Family loved this recipe great flavour, in the regular rotation. Did find it has to much liquid for our tast, next time would cut down the stock liquid.
My 3 kids asked me to make this again, so that’s a win! Easy, tasty and great on those nights where you want dinner on the table quickly. We got 5 serves out of this, and used garlic bread to mop up the liquid.