- 1kg chicken thigh cutlets, skin on (approximately 5-6 chicken thighs)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 4–6 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle with the paprika, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small jug, combine the honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour the marinade all over the chicken and rub with your hands to ensure the pieces are evenly coated.
- Scatter the potatoes, red onion and cherry tomatoes around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables with extra olive oil. Sprinkle the vegetables with extra salt and pepper. Ensure the chicken is facing skin-side up.
- Pour the chicken stock into the base of the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
MAKE AHEAD – The chicken can be marinated up to 48 hours prior to cooking.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven (to retain the crispy chicken skin). Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: chicken
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Chicken Tray Bake, Chicken Tray Bake, Mediterranean Chicken