Mediterranean Chicken Tray Bake
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love, you need to try this Mediterranean Chicken Tray Bake. The ingredients are so simple – you probably have many of them in your pantry already. The perfectly cooked, crispy chicken juices mingle with the red onions and the sweet, roasted tomatoes, while the potatoes soak up all of the flavour. This one-pan meal is not only delicious and healthy, but also easy to prepare and clean up. This is sure to become a new family dinner favourite on your meal plan rotation!
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- 1kg chicken thigh cutlets, skin on (approximately 5-6 chicken thighs)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 4–6 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle with the paprika, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small jug, combine the honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour the marinade all over the chicken and rub with your hands to ensure the pieces are evenly coated.
- Scatter the potatoes, red onion and cherry tomatoes around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables with extra olive oil. Sprinkle the vegetables with extra salt and pepper. Ensure the chicken is facing skin-side up.
- Pour the chicken stock into the base of the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
MAKE AHEAD – The chicken can be marinated up to 48 hours prior to cooking.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven (to retain the crispy chicken skin). Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: Mediterranean Chicken Tray Bake, Chicken Tray Bake, Mediterranean Chicken
This was incredible! I forgot to put in the red onion wedges and it was still amazing. We had a friend over unexpectedly and he raved about it! Going on regular rotation at our house. So simple to prepare and the oven does all the work. Loved it!
This has made my day! So wonderful to hear, thank you so much for taking the time to write and rate the recipe, it means more to me than I can tell you! Nic x
This was so delicious… lasted us 2 nights ( love leftovers!) and easy to assemble and cook. Thanks Nic… I cook for some families and your recipes are an absolute godsend! x
Oh this is so beautiful to read! Agree – Leftovers are my favourite thing in the world, I’m actually living off cooking once and eating twice this week! Thank you so much for taking the time to write, it really has made my day. I am so glad my recipes are helpful and that you’re enjoying them. x
Prepped all the ingredients for this in the morning and asked my mum to pop it in the afternoon (while she was babysitting my boys). As soon as I got home I could smell it cooking. Yum. Needless to say my mum asked me for the recipe when she got home. Next time I’d probably just cut the potatoes into smaller wedges as it did take a while longer to cook.
Isn’t the smell so beautiful – We had it for dinner last night too! Thank you so much for the feedback about the potatoes, I’ll add a note to the recipe. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, means more to me than I can tell you! x
I am blown away with how delicious this was! This will definitely go onto our rotation. You’ve nailed it once again!
Is it not outrageously delicious? 😂 😍 So glad you loved it as much as we do! Thank you so much for taking the time to write! x
Made this for dinner tonight and omg, the flavours were absolutely amazing. I even didn’t have Lemons and made it anyway and I am sure the Lemon juice would just elevate the already amazing flavours. So easy and quick to make too which is always and added bonus. Thank you 😊
This is SO wonderful to hear! 😍 So glad you loved as much as we do – Thank you so much for taking the time to write! 🥰 x
This is AMAZING! We had friends over for the first time since having our first baby, and I made this for dinner while being pretty apprehensive about how I was going to get something (anything!) on the table. It was simple, quick to prepare and tasted absolutely delicious. I’m blown away! Thanks so much x