- 2 x homemade or store-bought pizza bases
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 100 g hot salami (10 slices)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup roasted capsicum strips
- 1 garlic clove, freshly minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed, to serve
- 1 tbsp chilli oil, to serve (optional)
Rocket (Arugula) Salad
- Preheat the oven to 220°C fan-forced.
- Spread the tomato paste over the pizza bases.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese and then top with the hot salami, mushrooms, kalamata olives and roasted capsicum strips. Top with the remaining 1/3 of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil and sea salt flakes. Stir well and then drizzle the oil on the pizzas. Use a pastry brush to brush any leftover oil over the crust of the pizza.
- Bake on 2 baking trays for 12 minutes until crisp and golden (place one tray on the top rack of the oven and one tray on the bottom if needed, swap the trays halfway through cooking).
- Serve topped with basil leaves and chilli oil.
- To make the rocket salad, toss the rocket leaves with the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl, serve alongside the pizza.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins