- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g bacon, roughly diced
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock (at room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy/thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 250g spaghetti (see note 1 for pasta options)
- 1/2 cup boiling water (directly from the kettle)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based skillet on high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and slightly golden.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, thickened/heavy cream and the pasta. Scatter the pasta in the pan and push it down with the back your spoon so that it is submerged under the liquid.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (to a gentle simmer, so that the liquid is gently bubbling, if it is not hot enough and bubbling, the liquid will not absorb). Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly to stop the pasta sticking to the base of the pan.
- At the end of the 10 minutes, add 1/2 cup boiling water (from the kettle) and stir for 1 minute to help loosen the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Turn the heat off, stir through the spring onion and parmesan cheese. Serve.
Note 1 – Use any pasta that takes 8-12 minutes to cook according to the packet instructions. Spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, elbows or bow ties are all suitable options.
MAKE AHEAD – Best made fresh and served immediately. Otherwise, see the reheating instructions below.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Add 1-2 tbsp of water as needed to loosen the sauce. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: pasta, one pot pasta, one pot meal
- Method: pan
Keywords: One Pot Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta, One Pot Bacon and Mushroom Pasta, One Pot Bacon and Mushroom Pasta recipe