Pad See Ew
Skip the takeaway and try my quick, easy and delicious Pad See Ew recipe with chicken. This Thai favourite features tender slices of chicken breast, thick rice noodles, and Chinese broccoli tossed together in a savoury, sweet, and slightly spicy sauce. With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this delicious meal in no time. Top with some dried chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli for an extra kick!
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari or all-purpose soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g thick rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 bunch chinese broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp tamari or all purpose soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 birds eye chilli, sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (optional)
- Add the chicken breast, tamari or all-purpose soy sauce and sesame oil to a small bowl. Toss the chicken to coat.
- Cook the rice noodles as per the packet instructions less 2 minutes (this is important to stop the noodles from breaking up while stir-frying). Rinse the noodles immediately with cold tap water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil on high heat in a large skillet, add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast, and cook until sealed for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the egg, and cook until set for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Chinese broccoli, tamari or all-purpose soy sauce, dark soy sauce and brown sugar to the pan. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Toss through the cooked noodles and return the chicken to the pan. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve dried chilli flakes on the side along with chilli-infused vinegar (combine the sliced chilli and rice wine vinegar to make).
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins