Peanut Chicken Satay
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s bursting with flavour? Look no further than my homemade Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry! Tender chicken pieces are stir-fried and coated in a mouthwatering peanut sauce. Plus, it’s a healthy meal you can whip up in under 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy nights. I like to serve it with rice and fresh crunchy textures with cucumbers, coriander, fresh chilli, crushed peanuts and lime wedges.
- Total Time: 20min
- Yield: 4 1x
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (or chicken breast)
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce (or substitute with 1/4 cup sugar or honey)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Rice, cucumbers, coriander, fresh chilli, crushed peanuts and lime wedges to serve
- Sprinkle the chicken with curry powder and salt, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, and stir through the peanut sauce. Add 2-3 more tbsp of water to loosen the sauce if required. Serve with rice, cucumbers, coriander, fresh chilli, crushed peanuts and lime wedges.
MAKE AHEAD – This dish is best made fresh, but you can prepare the chicken in advance to make this an extra speedy dinner.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave until piping hot. Add a 1-2 tbsp of water to loosen the sauce if needed. Not suitable for freezing.
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 15min
This is a really quick and easy recipe that even my little fussy eater enjoys. On high rotation at our place!
Fantastic to hear! We love it too! Nic x
Will never make it any other way now, do delish!
I completely agree, it is outrageously delicious! I am so happy to hear that. Thank you so much for trying the recipe and taking the time to comment and rate it! Really appreciate your support Belinda! Nic x
Quick, easy and delicious!
So great to hear! Thank you SO much for taking the time to write, means so much to me! x
I used this sauce recipe tonight with pork mince, red capsicum, carrot and broccoli. Tossed in some hokkien noodles. Was absolutely beautiful – the best I’ve made from scratch ever. Thanks Nic ☺️
Oh my… I think you have just given me my next recipe dinner inspiration! 😂😍 That sounds incredible, thank you SO much for taking the time to write, means so much to me! x
Made this tonight for the first time and it’s a hit! Husband loves it and my little boy!!! Definitely loving the simple recipes!
So fantastic to hear, thank you so much! x
Hey Nic, Could you do this with Breast chicken instead? x
You absolutely could! Because this dish is cooked nice and quickly, the chicken breast would remain perfectly juicy and delicious – Thank you for mentioning this! I have added it as a substitution to the recipe! 😍 x
Made this for dinner last night and I think it’s one of my favourites so far! The coriander and lime really elevate the flavours too 🤤.
Made this for dinner last night and I think it’s one of my favourites so far! The coriander and lime really elevate the flavours too 🤤