- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (or chicken breast)
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce (or substitute with 1/4 cup sugar or honey)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Rice, cucumbers, coriander, fresh chilli, crushed peanuts and lime wedges to serve
- Sprinkle the chicken with curry powder and salt, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, and stir through the peanut sauce. Add 2-3 more tbsp of water to loosen the sauce if required. Serve with rice, cucumbers, coriander, fresh chilli, crushed peanuts and lime wedges.
MAKE AHEAD – This dish is best made fresh, but you can prepare the chicken in advance to make this an extra speedy dinner.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave until piping hot. Add a 1-2 tbsp of water to loosen the sauce if needed. Not suitable for freezing.
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 15min
- Category: chicken
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Asian