- 2 chicken breasts, halved lengthways (to make 4 steaks)
- 4 brioche rolls
- 4 slices cheese
- Chilli mayo to serve (see note 1)
- Place the chicken in a medium-sized bowl along with the marinade ingredients. Use your hands to coat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes. Turn once halfway and add 1/4 cup of water to help loosen the crispy bits. Rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve the brioche buns topped with coleslaw, the cooked chicken, sliced cheese and the chilli mayonanaise.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate the chicken and refrigerate for up to three days before cooking. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before cooking.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Microwave to reheat. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: burger
- Method: pan, assemble
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: easy peri peri marinade, peri peri chicken, peri peri chicken burgers