- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 large bunch kale, leaves picked and torn
- 500g Casarecce pasta (substitute with penne or fusilli)
- 500g Italian pork fennel sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups Parmesan, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the salt. Add the kale, cook for 3-5 minutes until wilted. Remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add the pasta to the same pot of water. Cook as per the packet instructions less 1-2 minutes (it will continue cooking in the sauce). Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out from its casing and divide it into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat and cook the sausage for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Add the butter, garlic, chilli flakes and pepper. Cook, stirring for 1 minute until the butter is melted.
- Return the kale to the pan. Add the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese and pasta water. Stir to combine.
- Serve with extra Parmesan cheese.
LEFTOVERS AND MAKE AHEAD – Refrigerate the cooked pasta for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: pasta
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: sausage pasta, pork and kale pasta, casarecce pasta