Pork Lettuce Cups
- 500g pork mince (chicken or beef would work well too)
- 125g rice noodles (I use these)
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated or jarred is fine too)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp kecap manis
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Lettuce cups – I used cos but gem or oakleaf lettuce work well too
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Extra light soy sauce to drizzle on top (optional)
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil on high heat in large skillet. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add pork mince, stir and break up whilst browning. Cook for 2 minutes (until sealed) and then add all sauces and noodles to pan. Cook for 5 minutes until pork and noodles start caramelising. Stir in half the spring onion.
- Serve mince and noodle mixture in lettuce cups. Top with remaining spring onion, chilli (if using) and drizzle a small amount of light soy sauce on top (optional but recommended for an extra flavour hit).
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.