Portuguese BBQ Marinade
- 600g pork scotch fillet (or any protein of choice, this works brilliantly with lamb, chicken or beef)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 1 level tbsp oregano
- 1 level tbsp sweet paprika
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add pork. Allow to marinate for half an hour if time permits.
- Preheat barbecue to a medium-high heat. Cook pork for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side). Baste with remaining marinade once or twice during cooking.
- Once cooked, allow to rest at least 6 minutes before serving.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.