- Preheat oven to 180°c fan-forced.
- In a medium-sized baking dish, arrange the potatoes vertically.
- Combine the butter, pouring cream, garlic and salt in a jug and pour directly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves, followed by the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins.
- Remove the foil and grill for 15 minutes or until golden (keep and eye on it during the grilling).
Make ahead instructions: Cook as per the recipe, cover with foil and refrigerate up to 48 hours prior to your event. Keep covered and reheat in a 180°c fan-forced oven for 45 minutes or until warmed through.
Note 1 – You use a sharp knife to slice the potatoes (try and slice them as thin as you can, aiming for 3mm thick), or use a mandolin slicer or food processor.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.