- 300g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined, tail left intact
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine the prawns, sweet paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions less 1 minute, and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the prawns and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove prawns from heat. Addning 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and red onion in the same pan. Stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water (take it out of the pot using a ladle or mug while the pasta is cooking if needed).
- Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Squash the tomatoes with the back of a fork to release their juices.
- Add the tomato paste and the remaining half cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss through the sauce.
- Stir through the parmesan.
- Add the prawns to the skillet, stir through the parsley and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and salt if desired.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Prawn Spaghetti is best cooked and served immediately. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave, taking care not to overheat and cause the prawns to turn chewy and rubbery.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: pasta, seafod
- Method: boil, grill
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Prawn Spaghetti, Prawn Spaghetti recipe