- 1/2 Kent pumpkin/kabocha squash, peeled and cut into 2 cm or 3/4″ cubes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups pearl couscous (250 g/9 oz)
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F fan.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle it with sweet paprika, coriander powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through. The pumpkin should be soft enough to pierce with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- To make the pearl couscous, combine the couscous, vegetable or chicken stock and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, place the lid on and turn to a medium-low setting. Cook for 10 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender. Set aside in a small bowl (the couscous may clump together but will separate once the dressing is added).
- To make the dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and stir or place in a jar and shake well.
- To assemble the salad, pour half of the dressing over the couscous. Stir to coat and separate the couscous if it’s clumping together. Arrange the couscous on a platter followed by the pumpkin, feta cheese, mint, almonds and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with extra dressing and serve immediately.
This Pumpkin, Pearl Couscous and Feta Salad is the perfect salad to make ahead, ready for when you need it! Here is everything you need to know:
Pumpkin – Cook as per the recipe and store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Pearl Couscous – Cook as per the recipe and store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Dressing – Prepare as per the recipe and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Assembly – Assemble the salad only once you are ready to serve.
Pumpkin, Pearl Couscous and Feta Salad is best made fresh or made ahead (see instructions above). Leftovers can however be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 3 days, assuming the salad has been made fresh. It is recommended that the mint is removed from the salad prior to storing as it very quickly browns and wilts in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: salad, pumpkin salad, pumpkin cous cous, pumpkin salad
- Method: bake, combine
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pearl Cous Cous & Feta Salad, Pumpkin, Pearl Cous Cous & Feta Salad recipe