Pumpkin, Pearl Cous Cous & Feta Salad
This is one of my favourite salads – I love serving it family-style, heaped on a big platter for everyone to help themselves. My pumpkin, pearl couscous, and feta salad features tender cubes of kent pumpkin seasoned with aromatic spices and roasted to perfection. Tossed with fluffy pearl couscous, tangy Danish feta, and bright pops of pomegranate seeds, this salad is both hearty and refreshing. Finished with a zesty lemon dressing, fragrant mint leaves, and crunchy almonds, it’s a dish that’s sure to impress.
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Remaining salad ingredients
- 200g pearl couscous, cooked as per packet instructions
- 100g Danish feta
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of slivered or flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Salt to season
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle it with paprika, coriander powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway. The pumpkin should be soft enough to pierce with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients with the pumpkin and serve.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the pumpkin as per the recipe. Store up to 3 days prior to assembling and serving.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve cold. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins