San Choy Bow
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork or chicken mince
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 220g tin water chestnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 spring onion finely sliced (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Lettuce cups – gem lettuce (pictured) or oak leaf work best
- Crushed peanuts to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Sliced chilli to serve (optional)
- Prepare the noodles (if using) as per the packet instructions, rinse with cold water and cut with scissors into small strands. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet, add the garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add the pork mince (or chicken mince) and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the tamari (or all purpose soy sauce), dark soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook for 2 minutes until slightly caramelised.
- Add the frozen peas, grated carrot, bean sprouts and water chestnuts (if using). Cook for 1 minute or until the peas have thawed.
- Add the rice noodles (if using), spring onion and sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- Serve heaped in lettuce cups, topped with crushed peanuts, lime wedges on the side and chilli if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.